1. Monitoring and enforcement of all applicable federal, state, and local environmental health laws and regulations, as they apply to bathing places, youth camps, food surveillance, housing, insect and rodent infestations, tobacco products age of sale restrictions, potable water, and air, noise, and stream pollution control.
2. Complaint investigation of all environmental health complaints.
The provision of a variety of planned education programs by professional health educators to any interested resident, civic, service or professional group.
Public Health Nursing
(201) 646-3963 & 3964
1. Provision of a free child health conference service for infants and pre-school children which includes physical exams, immunizations against childhood diseases, and nurse and physician counseling.
2. Provision of lead poisoning control services including free screening of Hackensack children one year through five years of age.
3. Provision of free adult health counseling and risk factor screening adults for high blood pressure and other select conditions.
4. Provision of school nursing services which includes free dental care for dentally indigent school-aged children in Hackensack.
5. Provision of a W.I.C. nutritional program which is a program that provides free nutritional counseling and nutrition supplements for pregnant or breast feeding women, infants and children up to five (5) years of age. For appointments or further information call (800) 427-3244.
(201) 646-3965, 3966, 3967, 3995, 8050 and 201-457-2362
The Hackensack Bureau of Vital Statistics Maintains records of births, marriages, and deaths that have occurred in Hackensack and issues marriages licenses.
1. Registration as permanent records all births, deaths, and marriages that occur in Hackensack.
2. Issue marriage licenses. For instructions and application Click Here
3. Issue certified copies of birth, death, or marriage records that are on file in our office.
4. For a certified copy of vital record application and instructions Click Here
For further information call (201) 646-3965, 3966, 3967 & 3995 during our regular office hours, Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
For 24 hour per day recorded information:
call (201) 646-3995
|Animal Pet Related Services|
|Animal Cruelty Complaints||800 582-5979|
|Pet Adoption||201 229-4600|
|Pet Licensing||201 646-3967|
|Rabies / Animal Bite NJ Hotline||800 222-1222|
|Rabies Vaccination Clinic||201 229-4600|
|Disease related services|
|AIDS Information||800 624-2377|
|AIDS Information Spanish||800 344-7432|
|AIDS Free Anonymous Testing Counseling||201 336-3350|
|Alcohol Abuse/Addiction Information||800 238-2333|
|Alzheimers Information||800 424-2494|
|Cancer Information||800 4CANCER|
|Cocaine Abuse Information||800 347-8998|
|Heart Line Am Heart Asso||800 242-8721|
|Lyme Disease||800 232-4636|
|New Jersey Family Care Insurance||800 701-0710|
|Poison Control Hotline||800 222-1222|
|Quit Smoking Information – NJ Quitnet||866 657-8677|
|Moms Quit Connection||888-545-5191|
|Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic||973-321-1277 ext. 2723|
|Health and Environmental Related Complaint Services|
|Environmental Action Hotline NJDEP (24hr)||877 927-6337|
|Hackensack Health Department||201 646-3965|
|Health Care Facilities Complaints (NJ)||800 792-9770|
|Occupational Health (OSHA)||201 288-1700|
|Agricultural Extension Sercvice||201 336-6788|
|Radon Hot Line||800 648-0394|
|United Water Resources (Water)||800 422-5987|
|Adult Protective Services||201 368-4300|
|Adult Protective Services||877 652-2873|
|Dept. of Children Family Services (formerly DYFS)||201 489-1140|
|Planned Parenthood||201 336-7420|
|Meals on Wheels||201 489-9333|
|RSVP Retired Senior Volunteers||800 772-1213|
|Social Security||201 368-4200|
|Social Services (Bergen County)||201 368-4368|
|WIC Nutrition Program||973 765-4575|